Target is the second-largest discount retail store in the whole of United States after, the Walmart, the company was started in the year 1962, and before that, it was known as the Good well Dry Goods. Until the year 1902 and then in the year 1910 it was renamed to the Dayton goods and because of the good sales which the company experienced in the 1980’s they kept expanding the stores and named it as Target.
Being the second largest discount store retailer, how do target stores stand out of competition? How do they manage such a long chain of retail stores and even beat their customers? Even I visit the Target near me and it does cater to the youth needs very well.
Target runs a flexible format for marketing, they run a discount store Target and a hyper supermarket as well, and they have about 1806 stores in the whole of United States. Target is very well known for the motto of it catering more to its younger target audience whereas the competitors like Walmart are well recognized for the low prices only.
Surprisingly irrespective of the penetration strategy used by others Target discount stores are doing pretty good and following are the reasons how target stands out among the competition.
Many people can only identify the store from a distance because of its eye catchy bull logo and the red color store; people can easily notice the store without even seeing the name target on it.
Well according to people Target is not identified as a discount store but it works like a one shop stop for many buyers, they feel that target is one convenient store that gives, the customers almost everything.
The store experience that target wants to give to his clients is way much higher, and this has set the bar for the competitors to cater than variety and quality and beat the audience.
Paying difference, according to a survey been conducted in the year 2013, customers buy more stuff from the retailers who give assistance to them while they make a purchase. The customers feel satisfied with the way the Target personals not only assist the customers but even help them to make a better choice. In addition to that Target has mastered the art of displaying goods and this makes their store even more attractive for the customers.
The segregation of the goods according to their price and the way they are put in order is eye catchy, and people make a purchase of about 1 or 2 items from the rack.
Reasons why Target is better than Walmart?
Well, we both are well aware of the two big giant retailers fight for customers, being the two largest discount store retailers in the United States, they are in demand. But here is the list of reasons that why Target discount retail stores are better than the Walmart.
1) Employee welfare – Target discloses every detail about the benefits and compensation they pay to their employees, this empowers the employees and brings self-belonging in them and enables them to assist the customers better while they are on the job.
2) Happy customers- Target store near me cater to the customers in a well-mannered way. According to a survey, the customers are happy only when they are personally treated and assisted by the employees to understand a product before purchasing it, Walmart fails to do so, and this is why target customers are happy and satisfied.
3) Store arrangement – well many people won’t believe but yes store arrangement do play a role, and people are more comfortable with a store with the products are properly segregated by their rates, and product type and line. A large store arrangement helps a customer a lot while he/she is making a purchase.
4) Focus – Wal-Mart’s primary focus is to give the customers a product at the least possible rate, whereas the main concentrate on the Target is to give the client what he wants. They mainly focus on the variety and the type of products their younger customers which likely purchase, unlike the Walmart. So the focus core of the target retail store makes them stand out of the competition irrespective of the low prices offered by the Walmart.
5) Target stores have education programs where a customer can donate about 1 percent of their purchase from the Target credit card on any of the school of their choice. The company also gave about 0.5 percent of their Visa card purchases, Visa card from anywhere. And the program has given about 138 million to the school, and they are doing exceptionally well in comparison to the Walmart.
6) The Walmart has very sales and profit hungry image in the market whereas the Target retail superstores have an excellent corporate image and goodwill in the market because of their advertising campaigns.
Who is the rival of the targets?
Target is one of the biggest retail store chains, and many people prefer target with the kind of the services they give to their customers. Well, the big giant’s competitors are the Walmart and the Costco.
These discount stores are more into penetration strategy, and the Target is more focused on the customer’s expectation of service and products in the store. This is why their profits and interests earned are higher in comparison to the competitors.
Walmart stores counts are greater in the United States. Still, people can identify and choose Targets without even reconsideration.
Where Costco runs on the same principle as of Targets to give their competitors large variety and complete assistance in the store, the target directly competes with the Costco. But it is also trying to take away the Walmart customer by giving away decent discount prices to gauge in their audience as well.
Instead of focusing only on the necessities they should bring in products that motivate a customer to make an instant purchase of.
The target is now focusing on the price matching strategy, and they will be targeting the five other online stores which are as follows.
3) Best buy
Target with this new policy is trying to attract and maximize their sales in all different categories of products like drugs, necessities, wholesale products, etc.
What do I need to find Targets near me?
1) Good internet connection for fast access.
2) A smartphone or Apple phone.
3) Another device like laptop or Ipad to browse the websites online.
Follow the below-mentioned steps after you have fulfilled the requirement criteria.
- Click on the below mentioned link to get access to the Target discount retail store locator near your vicinity
- The next step after you click on the link is to click on the option of Store Locator, and then a new page will appear and, then fill in the details like the location and the zip and address for you to spot the nearest Target retail store in your vicinity. One can also find other options of the products on the web page of the official website of the targets store.
- Now with this, you not only get the address but, also get the contact details of that particular retail store of the targets, so one can even order from the closest Target outlet, or get access to the availability of their products.
- If you are Apple user make a faster order from the phone by just downloading the application, click on the below mentioned link for proper details.
- And in case you are an Android user then you can just simply download the app from the Google play store, click on the below mentioned link for it.
- One can even browse the websites to get a sorted list of target retail stores near them; if you do not have a smartphone, you can just simply browse the website of the internet and here are the links mentioned below.
- One can even download the application “Targets” on their phone and spot the closest Target store in their location and get the product details as well, download the application searching from the Google Play Store.
Benefits of Targets discount store locator near me
1) Target’s store locator helps us to get a list of different Targets discounts retail outlets near our vicinity without even moving from a place.
2) Now everything is just done is simple clicks which make this a very convenient way to order from targets stores near me.
3) Without spending extra cost and time cost, one gets a sorted list of the list of these convenient stores near them, their product list and even their contact details to place the order.
4) These store locator websites help you to track down the closest possible outlet and even guides about the products they are dealing in and the variety they have.
Facts about the targets that you probably didn’t know
- The Targets’ had started with a church fire incident.
- Tarjay was a thing even in the early 1960’s, and it was quite popular then.
- The Big Red balls there near the Target stores are directing towards the safety of the customers who come to the store.
- The Shoppers were evacuated from the shop once due to the emergency as pornographic voices were coming out of the speakers.
- By their shopping and the record analysis, the company can even spot when a lady is pregnant and even draw a due basis on this analysis.
- The mothers are allowed to give food to their kid via” breastfeed” anywhere in the store.
- The Targets tried to refrigerate the Doritos and wanted to come up with a new recipe and promote it among the users that which was mixed with ice cream, beef and as well as shredded cheese.
- In the year 1983 March, Target opened about 11 stores in one go in Chicago and declared a silent war against the Walmart.
- The CVS now owns the pharmacies of the Targets, and for two billion dollars they took over it and now will be known as CVS fixtures.
- The targets helped to repair the Washington Monument and restored about 1 million dollars and pledged to assist the National Park service, and instead of making big claims they contributed to reinforcing the structure and brainstormed about it.
- The Alex employee of the Targets got death threat and overnight he, got fame and limelight and attention all over the internet and became a celebrity and got many modeling orders as well.
- The redesigned the carts indirectly lighted and continuum to reverse engineering design which weighed 15 to 20 pounds lighter and this gave a better effect and experience to the customers.
- The mascot of the Target, the bull’s eye travels only is the first class and according to the company the dog is worthy her position in the enterprise.
- The average time spent by a customer on the targets official website is about 4 minutes and each, the day they have about 1.2 million visitors. And the total number of employees they have is around 4 lakhs.
- And about 63 percent of the Total Target customers both online and physical stores are females only.
- Targets was named after two reject names and after a constant growth in the sales of this convenient store, it was named as the targets in the 1990’s.
- The mascot of the Targets bulls’ eye has been waxed as a statue in the New York’s Madam Tussah’s museum.
Target is the second largest retail store in the whole of United States; the first largest retail discount store is Walmart.
Being one of the oldest stores in the competition they have about 1800 stores in the country. Targets have constantly been trying to beat their main two competitions the Costco, and the Walmart, both the retail stores function on different strategies, giving away the customers choices and the lower prices and discounts is what Targets are trying to aim for to capture the market share of both the competitors and irrespective of limited outlets they are doing incredibly good.
The targets near me are also into giving the best experience to their customers by adding assistance to their experience. They try to advise and provide detailed information of a product to a client while he/she is on a shopping mission here in the store.
They even have an online store and try to match the top 5 brands in the same line. They are better in many scenarios in comparison with the Walmart, and they even have education and other charity programs which are genuinely helpful.
Targets can be easily located using their official website; you can even know the timing and hours of the functioning of the store. The targets have their official application as well which you can download from both the Google play store and the iTunes and get access to the products on the website and available in the online store and stock as well as about the nearest target discount retail store to them. Targets near me can be easily spotted if I use these applications and websites on my device.
So with the technology in just a few clicks, you can locate the store as well as conveniently shop from their online store.
There are some interesting facts mentioned above, targets have an incredible history and are one of the growing companies in the United States.