Postal Services United States is an independent agency, this agency is initiated by the United States Federal Government, and they are highly responsible for serving the postal services to the people in the United States itself.
From the era of Franklin’s operation in the United States, in the year 1792, the postal services had started and later in the year 1971 it was transformed into the Postal Service Agency for the people in the United States.
One can easily spot postal services near me as they have many operating outlets to serve their customers. They have about 6 lakh employees and are doing extremely well in the business as their revenue as per as the year 2015 was 68.9 billion. Having a huge base of the employees makes them third largest civilian base of employment in the United States. As per as about 2014, there are about 31 thousand locations in the United States, and they deliver about 155 million emails every year.
The postal services of United States have a five-year plan as well which is as follows.
1) Provide a world class customer experience to their users.
2) Equip and empower the employees and engage them in productive activities.
3) They believe in following people and innovate faster to deliver and add value to their services.
4) Invest in the platforms to build convenient services for their users.
How to change your address on the postal services?
Well many people do not know how to change your address on the postal services, and if you are moving to a different place and you still want to run the postal service instead of giving up the services, and you still require the government benefits of the postal services.
Following are the steps one need to change the address of the postal services.
1) Go to the USP.Com/Move and then modify the address on the online website.
2) Using this method, you get a convenient change, and it is very flexible for people, and you immediately get a mail of confirmation from the postal service’s itself.
3) And one can even go to the local postal office and can request a mover’s guide from them to enlighten you more about the physical procedure.
4) The customers can even ask the United States Postal Service to change their address and hold all of your emails temporarily.
How to file a complaint with the United States Postal Service?
If you have any complaint against the United States Postal Service, then you can follow the below-mentioned procedure to file a complaint against them and give proper feedback.
1) Browse the official website of the United States Postal Service website, see the option of “ Email from us,“ then select the inquiry type from the list and choose the type of option which is closely related to the kind of complaint you wanted.
2) One can use the website even to claim to file or refund for shipping.
Mail fraud by the person or the company
1) The United Service postal service has a United Service Postal Inspection service; this is a federal agency that protects the mail system.
2) For mail fraud – click on the below mentioned link and file in the complaint.
4) One has to use the email form to complain about the fraud, choose the type of the scam.
Under customer service
Under support and then choose the theft mail.
The user has to explain then why the letter is theft related.
5) And the last thing is to identify the theft from the United States by clicking on the below-mentioned link.
What do I need to find a United States Postal services near me?
1) Good internet connection for fast access.
2) A smartphone or Apple phone.
3) Another device like laptop or Ipad to browse the websites online.
Follow the below-mentioned steps after you have fulfilled the requirement criteria.
- Click on the below mentioned link to get access to the United States Postal Service locator near your vicinity.
- The next step after you click on the link is to click on the option of Postal service locator, and then a new page will appear and then fill in the details like the location and the zip and address for you to spot the nearest United States Postal Service in your vicinity. Even one can find other options of the products on the web page of the official website of the United States Postal Service.
- Now with this, you not only get the address but also get the contact details of that particular United States Postal service, so one can even file other complaints like the physical complaint or change their address by going to the postal service office directly.
- If you are Apple user get the fastest access from the phone by just downloading the application, click on the below-mentioned link for proper details. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/usps-mobile/id339597578?mt=8
- And in case you are an Android user then you can just simply download the application from the Google play store, click on the below-mentioned link for it.
- One can even browse the websites to get a sorted list of the United States Postal Service office near them; if you do not have a smartphone, you can just simply browse the website of the internet and here are the links mentioned below.
- One can even download the official application on their phone and spot the closest office of the postal service in their location and get their address as well, download the application searching from the Google Play Store.
Benefits of United States Postal Service office locator near me
1) The postal office locator helps us to get a list of different postal offices near our vicinity without even moving from a place.
2) Now everything is just done is simple clicks which make this a very convenient way to locate and even complaint and email about the fraud from the United States Postal Service and now you can do it all online.
3) Without spending extra cost and time cost, one gets a sorted list of the list of all the Postal services in the United States near your vicinity.
4) These branch locator websites help you to track down the closest possible outlet and even guides about the products they are dealing in and the variety of services they are in.
What are the perks of joining United States postal service?
Well, many people do not know that the United States postal services give many benefits to their employees; they have the edge over benefit than any other civilian employees and here is the list.
1) Compensation – The employees in the United States not only get the regular pay and timely increase and some bonus but as per as the type of the job they are doing they also get paid extra for the night shifts, the extra time they work, and the Sunday premium pay off.
2) Health insurance – The employees who are working in the postal service get the Federal employees health benefits, and this provides a complete coverage to the employees, the health insurance was so flexible that the employees didn’t have to pay any amount for it.
There are many plans initiated by the postal services like the fee for service, high deductible, and consumer plans. They were not subject to taxes as well, and this made the health insurance more affordable.
3) Dental and Vision Insurance – The employees working in the United States postal service are eligible for the dental and vision insurance program. Though here the full cost is paid by the employee itself this total cost is quite cheaper than the premium insurance, and this makes it very affordable for the employee itself.
4) Flexible spending accounts – Flexible spending accounts are also very beneficial, and an employee can participate in a year flexible spending account and get no taxes for that year on the day care expenses.
5) Long term care and insurance – The employees have a long-term attention and insurance program as well, and this ultimately ensures the employee for a long term care which Is not covered by the health insurance.
6) Retirement – the employees have to participate in the retirement program, and he includes the benefit of a pension, one also includes the disability service. Though this plan is not offered to every employee but only by the no of years they have worked and the creditability of the service they have provided.
7) Thrifts saving plans – the employees can contribute to the thrift savings plan as well which is similar to the retirement plan, though, the private sector schemes offer this. They will get the benefit of Tax deferred and automatic and matching contributions from the postal service.
8) Social security and media care – All the employees who are newly hired by the United States Postal services are covered under the social security and media care.
9) Computer Program – all the staff of the United States Program are given a benefit of tax-free purchase of any public transportation but to a limit of IRS maximum and to reduce the expenditure of the employees who are willingly into a participation in any program.
10) Leaves – Sick leaves of the postal service employees are as follows
- A) 13 days for new employees up till three years.
- B) 20 days after completing the first three years of service.
- C) 26 days after completing first 15 years of their service.
And the employees even get a four hour per day income as insurance if they miss out on the pay because of falling sick.
Facts about the United Postal services that will shock you
- There is still one route in the United States where the Postal services deliver the mail and letters on mules and to provide mail or a post the journey on the backpack animal is almost an 8-mile trip.
- The postal services have a unique mark for the Supai’s Outgoing mail, and one can quickly discover if Mules carry their mail.
- The postal service was initially founded in the year 1775 by the mother flipping founders all by themselves, and this was the second oldest federal system in the United States.
- Benjamin Franklin was fired from the postmaster gig in the year 1774, and then later he reappointed himself as the Continental Congress members in the year 1775.
- On the first general issue of stamps, George Washington became the first ever man on the stamps more than any other person. And this has happened in the year 1856.
- Before Abraham Lincoln became president of the United States he was a postmaster and served for about three years as a delivery man.
- Though the delivery of the mail had started taking place in the early years of 1863, there was no such need of the mailboxes at every house until the year 1923.
- The first stamp to honor a white man was realized in the year 1893, and there was no stamp recognized to honor a black man (African American) until the year 1940.
- In the early 1930’s the mail was sent on a boat, the boat that carried the mails went straight from the island to the closest port. This trip is usually longer if the weather is bad and might take up to 8 hours.
- Zoning a postal service zip code was established only when n number of employees working for postal services left to participate in the military in the world war II.
- The post office in the Chicago was shut down for almost a week when one of the Postmasters said that “we had a mail coming out of our ears” and this trigger the postal service department, and later in the year they became the United States Postal Service.
- The United States postal service has absolutely no motto and though there were many mottos rumored.
- The postal services have an unofficial mascot named Owney rode.
- Owney was taken down after he bit a man and now he is put like a stuffed toy in the National Postal Museum.
- Other than Sunday, the postal service in the United States delivers about 700 million emails every day.
One can easily spot the Post office near me by following the steps as mentioned above and downloading the application. One can even change their name of the postal services by logging into their official website and make sure that you try both the ways even by going to their physical office.
Spot the closest office, and you can lodge a complaint against their service by emailing them.
The article also includes some unknown and crazy facts about the United States postal services which might shock you.
Now spotting the office of the postal service is easy as they have 3100 offices in the United States itself and about more than 6 lakh employees.
Being one of the biggest networks of Postal services, the United States postal service is the best.